Sunday, August 3, 2014

In Case You Were Wondering.

In Case You Were Wondering.

You would never know it now, but I used to love all the "normal" food. Especially cheese. Yes, cheese. I knew deep down that something needed to change though. And it was time. So let me start at the beginning. 

The Spark.
I'm sitting on the couch, watching Dr. Oz one afternoon. Near the end of the episode, a guest walks out to talk about 5 super foods. These 5 super foods had interested me enough that I went out and bought his book. The title of the book is "Eat to Live" the author- Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Little did I know, that it would change my entire life. As I sat there watching, I thought-sure, I could lose maybe 10 pounds. But that wasn't the point. My goal was to be healthy. So I went for it. 

The Change. 
I finished the book and in three months time I had lost 40 pounds. They melted off of me and I felt like I didn't even do much. Best feeling ever. I couldn't remember the last time I felt that good. Not even when I was in High School. I found myself being stopped everywhere I went. The usual place was the grocery store. People will stop and ask me if I know about becoming healthy. Whether it has to do with reading food labels or making a better food choice. Somehow, they could just tell. It's almost like it was radiating from me. And I had no problem helping. This is when I knew I needed to go to school and get the education and certifications needed. 

Here and Now. 
Here I am now, nearly two years later and still as healthy as can be. A fire has been started and it isn't going to burn out. I have the personal experience and education needed to guide people to a healthier lifestyle. I am currently certified in Holistic Nutrition, Life Coaching, and Hypnotherapy. I plan on continuing my education and furthering my knowledge to be the best mentor I can be. 

Cheers to the Future. 
In the very near future I plan on preparing and teaching people how to utilize and make the healthy and healing food they need to heal wholly. I have a passion for healthy cooking. I also plan on coaching and using Hypnotherapy to heal those in need. Being certified in Hypnotherapy has opened up a whole new perspective on how someone can relieve stress/ailments. I believe in it. I believe I have a knack for it. Several people have personally expressed how powerful the session was. 

My Inspiration. 
My ongoing inspiration comes from my two beautiful kids. My whole childhood and adult life, I have watched my own mother painfully struggle with weight, anxiety, and depression. I don't want my kids to worry about me and I don't want them to head down that painful, and toxic path. I want them to have a happy healthy mom. I want them to grow to be mentally and physically healthy. 

I am excited and ready to get out there and dive right in. I believe in what I am doing and I know the impact it will have. Lets make the change. Lets make it for life. 

Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment